Google Apis Client Generator
# Copyright 2011 Google, Inc. # # Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); # you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. # You may obtain a copy of the License at # # http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 # # Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software # distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, # WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. # See the License for the specific language governing permissions and # limitations under the License.
Google APIs Code Generator https://github.com/google/apis-client-generator/
January 29, 2019
This is a tool for generating client libraries from Google APIs Discovery documents. It builds a rich (but language neutral) model of the API and then invokes a language specific backend to emit the library. The language generators are template driven, so it is easy for a developer knowning language X to write templates for code in X, without having to learn much Python.
The generator currently has templates for Java, C++, CSharp, GWT, PHP and Dart. There may be multiple variations of each language. For each, the variant used by default (typically also named “default”) matches the head of the respective base client libraries.
- This project is maintained as a volunteer effort. There is no full time staffing.
Python 2.7 is required. Python3 is not supported.
Everything can be installed quickly with easy_install or pip. E.g.:
pip install google-apis-client-generator
The following dependencies will be installed:
- django - https://www.djangoproject.com/ - version 1.8 - we only use the templating package, not the web serving features.
- google-apputils - https://github.com/google/google-apputils/
- google-api-python-client - https://github.com/google/google-api-python-client
- python-gflags - https://github.com/google/python-gflags/
- httplib2 - https://github.com/httplib2/httplib2/
To run the library generator, use the “generate_library” script. This is normally what you’d want to do. E.g.:
- –input=src/googleapis/codegen/testdata/moderator.v1.json –language=java –output_dir=/tmp/generated
To expand arbitrary templates, the “expand_templates” script is also available:
- –discovery=src/googleapis/codegen/testdata/moderator.v1.json –language=any –templates=discovery_check –output_dir=/tmp/generated
Tony Aiuto (email@example.com) Jacob Smullyan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size google_apis_client_generator-1.7.0-py2-none-any.whl (1.2 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size google-apis-client-generator-1.7.0.tar.gz (842.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for google_apis_client_generator-1.7.0-py2-none-any.whl
Hashes for google-apis-client-generator-1.7.0.tar.gz