Python Script to download hundreds of images from 'Google Images'. It is a ready-to-run code!
Python Script for ‘searching’ and ‘downloading’ hundreds of Google images to the local hard disk!
This is a command line python program to search keywords/key-phrases on Google Images and then also optionally download one or more images to your computer. This is a small program which is ready-to-run, but still under development. Many more features will be added to it going forward.
This program is compatible with both the versions of python (2.x and 3.x). It is a download-and-run program with no changes to the file. You will just have to specify parameters through the command line. ___
$ pip install google_images_download
$ git clone https://github.com/hardikvasa/google-images-download.git $ cd google-images-download && sudo python setup.py install
$ googleimagesdownload [Arguments...]
Note: If single_image or url parameter is not present, then keywords is a mandatory parameter. No other parameters are mandatory.
- If you have python 2.x version installed
python google-images-download.py --keywords "Polar bears, baloons, Beaches" --limit 20
- If you have python 3.x version installed
python3 google-images-download.py --keywords "Polar bears, baloons, Beaches" --limit 20
- Using Suffix Keywords allows you to specify words after the main keywords. For example if the keyword = car and suffix keyword = 'red,blue' then it will first search for car red and then car blue
python3 google-images-download.py --k "car" -sk 'red,blue,white' -l 10
- To use the short hand command
python google-images-download.py -k "Polar bears, baloons, Beaches" -l 20
- To download images with specific image extension/format
python google-images-download.py --keywords "logo" --format svg
- To use color filters for the images
python google-images-download.py -k "playground" -l 20 -c red
- To use non-English keywords for image search
python google-images-download.py -k "北极熊" -l 5
- To download images from the google images link
python google-images-download.py -k "sample" -u <google images page URL>
- To save images in specific main directory (instead of in ‘downloads’)
python google-images-download.py -k "boat" -o "boat_new"
- To download one single image with the image URL
python google-images-download.py --keywords "baloons" --single_image <URL of the images>
- To download images with size and type constrains
python google-images-download.py --keywords "baloons" --size medium --type animated
- To download images with specific usage rights
python google-images-download.py --keywords "universe" --usage_rights labled-for-reuse
- To download images with specific color type
python google-images-download.py --keywords "flowers" --color_type black-and-white
- To download images with specific aspect ratio
python google-images-download.py --keywords "universe" --aspect_ratio panoramic
- To download images which are similar to the image in the image URL that you provided (Reverse Image search).
python3 pr.py -si <image url> -l 10
- To download images from specific website or domain name for a given keyword
python google-images-download.py --keywords "universe" --specific_site example.com
===> The images would be downloaded in their own sub-directories inside the main directory (either the one you provided or in ‘downloads’) in the same folder as the python file that you run.
If you do see SSL errors on Mac for Python 3 please go to Finder —> Applications —> Python 3 —> Click on the ‘Install Certificates.command’ and run the file.
Anyone is welcomed to contribute to this script. If you would like to make a change, open a pull request. For issues and discussion visit the Issue Tracker
This program lets you download tons of images from Google. Please do not download any image without violating its copyright terms. Google Images is a search engine that merely indexes images and allows you to find them. It does NOT produce its own images and, as such, it doesn’t own copyright on any of them. The original creators of the images own the copyrights.
Images published in the United States are automatically copyrighted by their owners, even if they do not explicitly carry a copyright warning. You may not reproduce copyright images without their owner’s permission, except in “fair use” cases, or you could risk running into lawyer’s warnings, cease-and-desist letters, and copyright suits. Please be very careful before its usage!
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size google_images_download-1.0.1.tar.gz (10.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for google_images_download-1.0.1.tar.gz