GottWall is scalable realtime metrics collecting and aggregation platform and service
GottWall is a scalable realtime metrics collecting and aggregation platform and service. This package, at its core, is just a simple aggregation server and beautiful customizable web dashboard for visualizing metrics with charts.
It will handle authenticating clients (such as stati) and all of the logic behind storage and aggregation.
You can try free demo charts on demo.gottwall.com. Login opened for all users.
To use gottwall use pip or easy_install:
pip install gottwall
or you can use official gottwall chef cookbook for automatic setup on system.
GottWall have 2 independent parts. Web interface application and aggregator application (application that process data).
Starting web dashboard
To run web application execute command:
gottwall --config="examples/config.py" server start
To run aggregator application execute command:
gottwall --config="examples/config.py" aggregator start
Storages that store metrics:
- Memory storage (not optimal for hightload projects)
- Redis storage (fast for counters increment, but time complexity O(N) for data range select)
- TODO: mongodb
- TODO: SQL
Available transport backends
The following transport available:
- Redis transport backend
- TCP/IP transport backend
- TODO: UDP transport backend
- HTTP transport backend
The following clients are officially recognized as production-ready, and support the current GottWall protocol:
- stati-redis (stati-redis-python) with redis transport.
We need you help.
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug. There is a Contributor Friendly tag for issues that should be ideal for people who are not very familiar with the codebase yet.
- Fork the repository on Github to start making your changes to the develop branch (or branch off of it).
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published.