zc.buildout recipe for pip
- Code repository: http://www.bitbucket.org/gawel/gprecipepip/
- Report bugs at http://www.bitbucket.org/gawel/gprecipepip/issues/
The recipe supports the following options:
Virtualenv directory. The virtualenv is build in this directory (Default to parts/pip). You can also use an existing one. If a virtualenv option is found in the buildout section then this one is used except if the current section override it.
- extra environement vars used with subprocess
- Extra indexes url.
- A list of string passed to pip directly. A sub process is run per line. This allow to use –install-option.
- A list of svn url. (svn+http://myrepo/svn/MyApp#egg=MyApp)
- A list of distribution to install with buildout
This recipe is based on zc.recipe.egg#scripts so options used by this recipe should also works.
We’ll start by creating a buildout that uses the recipe:
>>> write('buildout.cfg', ... """ ... [buildout] ... parts = test1 ... ... [test1] ... recipe = gp.recipe.pip ... install = ... PasteScript ... interpreter = python ... scripts = ... paster = paster ... """)
Running the buildout gives us:
>>> print 'start', system(buildout) start... Installing test1. ... Generated script '/sample-buildout/bin/paster'. Generated interpreter '/sample-buildout/bin/python'...
Scripts are generated:
>>> ls('bin') - buildout - paster - python
With the virtualenv binary as executable:
>>> print 'cat', cat('bin', 'paster') cat .../parts/pip/bin/python ...
Here is a config file used to install Deliverance:
[buildout] parts = eggs download-cache = download versions = versions [versions] # the recipe take care of versions lxml=2.2alpha1 [eggs] recipe = gp.recipe.pip # needed to build static libs for lxml env = STATIC_DEPS=true # packages to install with pip install = Cython --install-option=--static-deps lxml http://deliverance.openplans.org/dist/Deliverance-snapshot-latest.pybundle # packages to install with buildout eggs = pyquery # svn urls editables = svn+http://...
- Remove -E from pip options [Aaditya Sood]
- Tagged [Gael Pasgrimaud]
- Support CFLAGS [Rob Miller]
- fix #1. bug with multi-index options. patch by Jannis Leidel.
- use distribute
- allow to use extra env vars
- fix bug with editables
- allow to share virtualenvs / build_dir between buildouts
- avoid duplicated installation by buildout
- Fixes: Always install a virtualenv. Split line arguments for install
- Fix error when no download cache is set [Gael Pasgrimaud].
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.