GUDS is a geoserver upload/download script for moving data to and from the geoserver for AWSM data products
GUDS - Geoserver Upload Download Script v0.6.0
The GUDS repo contains a script for moving around the modeling data between its source and the geoserver.
- Python 3.5 +
- A geoserver to push to
Install GUDS commandline
To install GUDS, simply :
pip install guds
To do install it from source:
git clone https://github.com/USDA-ARS-NWRC/guds
pip install -r reqquirements.txt
General usage looks like:
guds -f <filename> -t <upload data type> -b <basin name> -m <mask netcdf>
Uploading styles is done by:
guds -f <filenames> -t styles
GUDS is designed to handle 3 different types of data.
Modeled output - The modeled output should be a netcdf containing a single day of spatial data representing the snowpack parameters. The netcdf should at at leat contain the variables: specific_mass, thickness, snow_density
Topographic - To run AWSM, there is a set of static images required that describe the envrionment to the modeling system. This file should also be a netcdf and any images in the file will be uploaded.
Flights - Eventually Lidar snow depth images will be uploadable, in the mean time it is under development.
Styles - Upload SLD type styles to the geoserver, currently only applies to rasters
shapefiles - upload .shp files to the geoserver. Note that all the supporting files must exist in the same path, e.g. (tuolumne.shp, tuolumne.prj ...)
- Modeled Output - Original netcdf of the modeled data can be downloaded
Specifying the basin
To upload data, GUDS must receive a basin flag to know how to organize it. Currently the options are:
- brb (Boise River Basin)
For security reasons GUDS requires a json file describing your credentials for
logging on which is assumed to be
./geoserver.json. It should contain the
- url - url of the AWS instance
- geoserver_username - username on the geoserver
- geoserver_password - Password for the geoserver
- data - Location of the data folder on the server
After installing you can also run the following to get a blank credentials file.
A mask can be provided to mask the data. To do so use the
--mask flag to
to pass a path to a netcdf containing a mask variable that is on the same bounds
as the uploaded data.
- First upload to pypi
- Uploads AWSM modeled data to a geoserver
- Uploads Static Topographic files to a geoserver
- Installs a commandline tool for uploading
- Added modeled data downloads
- Uploads batches of styles
- Styles attempt to auto detect/assign to layers upon generation
- Overwriting of existing layers
- Writes a new layer for each modeled variable called latest
- Fixed major issue with pushing data, no scp required
- Uploads Shapefiles
- Uploads Lidar flights
- Added in PNG uploading for serving tables
- Added in Cold Content
- Modeled results get merged (snow.nc and em.nc)
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size guds-0.6.0-py3-none-any.whl (16.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size guds-0.6.0.tar.gz (17.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|