**WARNING: this is the unstable branch, probably broken... use the stable branch: 1.1.5. Or check the latest release.**
*gxmail* is a simple smtp client designed to send emails from the linux command line.
It is particularly useful to use with bash scripts.
*gxmail* supports multiple profiles (email accounts)
* multiple profiles
* load email body from file
* html support
* batch mode to enable mailing lists
* interactive mode
* text file attachment
The following arguments are available
-h, --help show this help message and exit
-p PROFILE, --profile PROFILE
Select profile to be used.
-to TO Receipient. You may include several email addresses
separating them with a comma. DO NOT use spaces
-s SUBJECT, --subject SUBJECT
-m MESSAGE, --message MESSAGE
Import email body from text file.
-b BATCH, --batch BATCH
Batch mode: get recepients from a text file.
-html, --html HTML mode: send html formated content.
-v, --version Prints version and exits program.
-a ATTACHMENT, --attachment ATTACHMENT
Send file attachment.
## Interactive Mode
If called without arguments, *gxmail* will run in interactive mode.
## Batch mode
[-b FILE.TXT --batch FILE.TXT]
In batch mode, *gxmail* will read a list recepients from a text file.
* The file must be plain text and contain one email per line
* *batch mode* is NOT compatible with *interactive mode*, you must provide arguments: to, subject, and message. Only the profile may be ommitted, in which case, the default profile is used.
*Spam is illegal, and it means you are evil if you use this software for that purpose.*
# Instalation Notes
* python 2.7 o higher
* Copy *gxmail.py* to your desired application.
* *gxmail* will store profiles in *~/.gxmail*, you will need to create this directory manually. And keep it empty, do **NOT** place *gxmail.py* inside it.
* Make sure *gxmail.py* is executable
chmod +x <path>/gxmail.py
* Run the script, you will be prompted to create your default profile.
## First Run
When you first run *gxmail.py* it will prompt you to create your default profile:
You don't have a profile set up yet. Let's do it now!
Server -> smtp.mydomain.com
Port -> 25
Your email -> email@example.com
Your password -> myPa$$w0rd
You are ready to send emails with your new profile!
## Profile Management
Each profile is stored as a text file inside *~/.gxmail*
You can simply delete each file to remove a profile.
It is also posible to edit them with your favorite text editor, just remember to keep the structure:
["Profilename", "server", "port", "email", "password"]
["default", "smtp.mydomain.com", "25", "firstname.lastname@example.org", "myPa$$w0rd"]
This software is realeased under GPL3.
* Add interactive mode
* Add batch mode, read recepients form text file
* Add support for html
* Fixed bug on interactive profile selection
* Adds *--version* flag
* Fix 'text/plain' Mime-type
* Fixed bug with relative paths
* Working on attachments
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.