hachoir-wx is a wxWidgets GUI that's meant to provide a (more) user-friendly interface to the hachoir binary parsing engine
hachoir-wx is a wxWidgets-based program that’s meant to provide a (more) user-friendly interface to the facilities provided by the hachoir binary parser core.
For latest updates, to ask for a feature (please do!), and bleeding(-edge) source code see the website: http://bitbucket.org/haypo/hachoir/wiki/hachoir-wx
Everyone is very welcome to contribute code =)
- Use the new getFieldType() method of hachoir-core 1.2 to display better informations about the field type, eg. shows the string charset
- hachoir-wx is now able to parse subfield
- Display field description
Fix setup.py: also install hachoir_wx.xrc
- Fix setup.py: install submodules!
- setup.py uses distutils by default (and not setuptools)
- Add some missing imports
- Fix few typo errors
hachoir-wx 0.1 Initial Release (all platforms)
- Lazy-loaded hex view, meaning you can view a 20GB file and memory usage will remain constant, and the GUI will remain responsive.
- Dynamic type conversion, meaning (for example) you can take a RawBytes field of size 4 and convert it to a UInt32 for a better look at your data.
- Field splitting, meaning you can take a RawBytes range and split it into smaller ranges. This feature in conjunction with dynamic type conversion allows you to explore unknown binary formats more easily.
- Field view that allows you to browse a binary file just like a directory.
- Minor stuff like hex/dec view of addresses, absolute/relative field offsets, auto-resizing field view columns that stretch to the size of your data, etc.
- Hex view automatically scrolls to and highlights the hex data of the currently selected field (called “marking”.)
- Field dumping, meaning you can select any field inside your binary file and save it on your hard disk for further examination/analysis/etc.
- [All]: Field view “Merge Down” doesn’t work.
- [Windows only]: Hex view only shows a ~4x5 char display of the data. This is believed to be due to a wxWidgets bugs related to text wrapping.
- [Windows only]: Right-click context menu doesn’t work.
- [Windows only]: Hex view data marking doesn’t work.
- [Gtk only]: Hex view will occasionally show two scrollbars for the hex view if you resize the very quickly. This is likely a bug in wxGtk that (for some reason) ignores the “no vertical scrollbar” directive for text controls.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|hachoir_wx-0.3-py2.4.egg (57.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Sep 3, 2008|
|hachoir_wx-0.3-py2.5.egg (56.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Sep 3, 2008|
|hachoir_wx-0.3-py2.6.egg (56.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6||Sep 10, 2009|
|hachoir-wx-0.3.tar.gz (20.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 3, 2008|