A library for common timetracking functionality.
(A badges refer to master)
A library for common timetracking functionality.
hamster-lib aims to be a replacement for projecthamster backend library. While we are not able to function as a straight forward drop-in replacement we try very hard to stay as compatible as possible. As a consequence clients are able to switch to hamster-lib merely by changing some basic calls. Most of the semantics and return values will be as before.
This itself points to a major architectural shift in the way hamster-lib approaches timetracking. We are firm believers in do one thing, and do it well. The tried and tested unix toolbox principle. As such we focus on providing useful backend functionality and helper methods so clients (dbus interfaces, CLIs or graphical UIs) can build upon a solid and consistent base and focus on their specific requirements.
- Full python >=2.7 and >=3.4 compatibility
- Full unicode support
- >= 95% test coverage
- Extensive documentation
- Focus on clean, maintainable code.
- Free software: GPL3
- All you need for production, test or dev environments comes out of the box with regular python tools.
- Build dev environment: make develop
- Build the documentation locally: make docs
- Run just the tests: make test
- Run entire test suite including linters and coverage: make test-all
News: Version 0.13.0
This release features only few public functional changes:
- Raw fact parsing has been moved to a helper method. This should make it easier for clients to parse raw fact strings even if they do not qualify as valid Fact instances.
- Facts now provide a serialied_string method that encodes all relevant data.
- We now ship config helpers that provide a baseline config that can easily be extended instead of each client having to implement this all over again.
For a more detailed overview about what new as well as a list of all the smaller improvements, please refer to the changelog.
Happy tracking; Eric.
This early release is mainly meant as a rough proof-of-concept at this stage. It showcases our API as well as our general design decisions. As such there are a few functionalities/details of the original projecthamster backend that we wish to allow for, but are not provided so far. These are:
- Autocomplete related methods
- Trophies (The jury is still out on if and how we want to support those.)
- Migrations from old databases.
Despite our efforts to stay backwards compatible we did deliberately break the way Facts without end dates are handled. We think allowing for them in any persistent backend creates a data consistency nightmare and so far there seems no conceivable use case for it, let alone an obvious semantic. What we do allow for is one ongoing fact. That is a fact that has a start, but no end date. For details, please refer to the documentation.
- Fix a bug that would not always return all partial overlaps for actManager._get_all. This in effect fixes broken “timeframe availability” tests. [LIB-253]
- Remove obsolete references to backports.ConfigParser. [LIB-255]
- Properly deal with raw fact that do/do-not include seconds. [LIB-254]
- Remove check for start info when validating timeframes with with helpers.time.validate_start_end_range. [LIB-250]
- helpers.time.extract_time_info checks that end > start. [LIB-30]
- Some attributes of the internal XMLWriter class have been renamed. [LIB-109]
- stop_tmp_fact now accepts hints about the end (date-)time. [LIB-129]
- A new method update_tmp_fact has been added. [LIB-132]
- Added Fact.serialized_string. [LIB-216]
- Raw fact parsing has been moved to a separate helper method. [LIB-230]
- Added backend related config helpers. [LIB-235]
- We now use the built-in configparser module under python 3. [LIB-236]
- Added support for tags! hamster_lib.objects.Tag instances can be appended to Fact.tags and will be stored by the sqlalchemy backend. We also provide comprehensive CRUD methods as part of the brand new storage.TagManager.
- Major refactoring of raw fact parsing. In particular the way timeinfo is extracted from the string. We are now very clear and explicit about the supported timeinfo formats. Anything unmatched before the @ token will be considered the activity.name. This means in particular that our activity names may contain whitespace!
- Added new partial parameter to time.complete_timeframe which defaults to False which maintains the functions previous behaviour. Setting it to True however will cause it to only ‘complete’ those bits of the timeframe where there is at least some partial (time or date) information available.
- Moved time related helpers to a dedicated submodule: hamster_lib.helpers.time
- Added HamsterControl.update_config method to allow config updates at runtime.
- Renamed get_config helper to load_config and limit it to deal just with config retrieval. It no longer ensures a default config is written and returned. Your client will need to handle any such fallback behaviour now.
- Use tox-travis to ensure proper multi python version testing on Travis-CI
- Minor fixes in config_helpers._get_config_instance
- Renamed requirements/*.txt to *.pip
- Renamed this package to hamster-lib as it now an offical part of projecthamster. It was previously named and distributed as hamsterlib
- Add documentation checker pep257 to testsuite.
- Fixed docstrings.
- Removed hamster_lib.objects.Fact.serialized_name.
- Improved test factories
- Made hamster_lib.objects.* hashable.
- Provide consistent and improved __repr__ methods for hamster_lib.objects classes.
- FactManager._get_all can now return facts completely*or* partially within the timeframe. As a consequence, we removed FactManager._timeframe_is_free.
- Added a set of helper function to ease common configuration related tasks. In particular they make it easy to store a given config at its canonical file system location.
- Improved ActivityManager.get_all to enable it to return all activities.
- Add ical export facilities. Brand new writer using the icalendar library.
- Add xml export facilities.
- Switch to semantic versioning
- Added GPL3 boilerplate
- Provide documentation on packaging and requirements.txt.
- Add support for editorconfig
- Introduce fine grained, storage backend dependent config options.
- fact managers save method now enforces new fact_min_delta setting.
- Fixed broken packing in setup.py.
- Storage manager methods now use extensive logging.
- Documentation moved to ‘alabaster’ theme and content extended.
- Remove usage of future.builtins.str.
- Adjusted release make target.
- First release on PyPi
- Improved documentation
- Support for ongoing facts.
- Updated requirements
- First release on github
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size hamster_lib-0.13.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (81.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size hamster-lib-0.13.2.tar.gz (95.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for hamster_lib-0.13.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl