Deploy configurable unix pipeline jobs serverlessly.
What is it?
handoff (repository) is a framework for developing and deploying data pipelines serverlessly. executing unix-pipeline processes serverlessly.
handoff removes the complicated cloud configurations. You can easily take care of the essential settings and save time and money with a single command:
- Container orchestration (AWS Elastic Continer Service)
- Extended serverless task execution (AWS Fargate, vs. AWS Lambda's 15min limit)
- CRON Scheduling (AWS EventBridge)
- Configuration and secret management (AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store)
- Simple switch between production and devlopment stages
- Docker image management (AWS Elastic Container Registry)
- Artifacts management (AWS Simple Cloud Storage)
- Log management (AWS CloudWatch)
- Shared resource management (Virtual Private Cloud, Security Group)
- No need to pay and maintain a dedicated virtual instances!
Note: With the unified handoff command, we are planning to support multi-cloud deployment experience (Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
How it works
handoff was originally designed to deploy a single-line ETL process like singer.io on AWS Fargate, and it was extended to run any commands and program.
In handoff.cloud framework, the configurations are stored and retrieved from a secure parameter store such as AWS Systems Manager Parameter Store. This avoids storing sensitive information or configurations that changes frequently on the Docker image.
Supporting files for commands can also be fetched from a cloud storage such as AWS S3. The artifacts, the files produced by each command can also be stored in the cloud storage.
This repository also contains AWS Cloudformation templates and deployment scripts to support the workflow from local development to the production deployment.
Get started easily
Check out the super quick example
Open Source handoff Recipes!
We will upload more and more recipes that you can use and learn from!
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size handoff-0.3.2.tar.gz (57.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size handoff-0.3.2-py3-none-any.whl (89.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|