A website generator for software artisans
handroll is a static website generator that uses markup languages like Markdown, ReStructuredText, and Textile.
Version 3.1, Released December 26, 2016
- Processs Jinja 2 templates for any file with a .j2 extension with the built-in Jinja2Composer.
- Add SitemapExtension to generate sitemaps.
- Move version information into the handroll package so it is available at runtime.
- Perform continuous integration testing on OS X.
- Include posts in the blog feed list to permit more complex list rendering.
- Remove support for Python 2.6
Version 3.0, Released March 7, 2016
- Replaced all flag based commands with sub-commands. This change means all interaction now happens through handroll build, handroll watch, and handroll scaffold.
Version 2.1, Released October 18, 2015
- Create a site quickly with the new scaffold command (e.g., handroll -s default new_site)
- Use the SmartyPants library to generate better quotation marks for Markdown.
- Composers can be forced to compose with the --force flag.
- Translated to Arabic.
- Relax the frontmatter requirement and don’t force the inclusion of the YAML directive (e.g., %YAML 1.1).
- Support Python 3.5.
- An output directory can be a relative path.
Version 2.0, Released July 25, 2015
- Added an extension interface for plugin authors to integrate with various events.
- Added a blog extension to automatically generate an Atom XML feed and blog listing page.
- Translated to Greek.
Version 1.5, Released February 24, 2015
- Translated to Dutch.
Version 1.4, Released December 1, 2014
- A development server (accessible from the watch flag) will monitor a site and generate new output files as the source is modified.
- Sass support for .scss and .sass files.
- Add internationalization (i18n).
- Translated to French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Skip certain directories that should not be in output (like a Sass cache).
- Moved project to a GitHub organization to separate from a personal account.
- Include documentation in the release.
- Massive unit test improvements (100% coverage).
Version 1.3, Released September 3, 2014
- Update the appropriate output only when a template or content was modified.
- Use Jinja templates or standard Python string templates.
- Provide YAML formatted front matter to add any data to a template.
Version 1.2, Released July 2, 2014
- Add a basic configuration file to specify the output directory.
- A search for the site root is done when no site path is provided.
- Add timing reporting to find slow composers.
- Update Textile version to enable Python 3 support.
- Generate Atom feeds.
- Drop 3.2 support. Too many dependencies do not support it.
Version 1.1, Released June 1, 2014
- Skip undesirable file types (e.g., Vim .swp files).
- Use Markdown code highlighting (via Pygments) and fenced code extensions.
- All input and output is handled as UTF-8 for better character encoding.
- Run against Python versions 2.6 through 3.4 using Travis CI.
- Add a plugin architecture to support composers for any file type.
- Provide HTML docs at Read the Docs.
- Textile support for .textile files.
- ReStructuredText support for .rst files.
- Support PyPy.
Version 1.0, Released May 4, 2014
- Initial release of handroll
- Copy all file types.
- Convert Markdown to HTML.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|handroll-3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (107.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Dec 26, 2016|
|handroll-3.1.tar.gz (67.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Dec 26, 2016|