A small PyPI replacement based on a local distribution directory (implemented using GROK)
haufe.eggserver is a tiny webfront to a local egg/sourcecode archive distribution directory (eggs and other distribution files stored directly on the filesystem).
It currently supports basic browsing through a local distribution directory on the filesystem and basic upload support for eggs and source code distributions (requires haufe.releaser). It supports out-of-the-box infinite repository directories.
- download the source code archive and unpack it
- run buildout
- start the instance using bin/zopectl start
- add an eggserver application instance through the management interface
- use the edit view for configuring the path to your local distribution directory and the visible title of your instance (Login with username admin and password 123)
- zc.buildout (use easy_install for installing zc.buildout)
- Grok (will be installed automatically when using zc.buildout)
- gocept.cache (willl be install automatically when using zc.buildout)
- haufe.releaser (use easy_install for install haufe.releaser)
Things haufe.eggserver won’t do
Since haufe.eggserver is not designed as a full-fledged PyPI replacement, there are some things that the implementation will not do right do (and possibly will not do):
- no dedicated security model (everyone is trused and allowed to upload packages). Keep in mind that haufe.eggserver is basically designed for company/project internal usage
haufe.eggserver is licensed under the Zope Public License 2.1.
See the included ZPL.txt file.
- added gocept.cache to buildout.cfg
- ‘download’ now sending a proper 404 reply
- caching ‘simple’ view using gocept.cache
- some CSS and UI fixes
- adjust wording
- various encoding fixes for non-ascii metadata
- a new view ‘simple’ provides a flat listing of all files (to be used together with easy_install or zc.buildout)
- various fixes for development packages
- bugfix release
- added download option for distribution files
- showing package metadata for eggs
- some UI redesign
- rest2html integration for showing the Description as HTML (still has some conversion issues)
- updated documentation
- support for development distribution files
- some UI redesign
- new title property
- initial release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size haufe.eggserver-0.1.10-py2.4.egg (26.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size haufe.eggserver-0.1.10.tar.gz (18.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for haufe.eggserver-0.1.10-py2.4.egg