Hierarchical particle physics data I/O.
Hierarchical database storage and access for high energy physics event data.
Docstrings are available, markdown documentation coming soon.
pip install heparchy
- Fast and efficient storage
- Writes and reads from HDF5 files
- Data stored hierarchically
- Files contain processes
- Processes contain events
- Events contain datasets for the final state particles
- Process level metadata can be attached
- Context managers provide access to these containers
Data writing interface
- Metadata writing methods:
string(): MadGraph formatted string, ie.
p p > t t~
decay(): pdgids of incoming and outgoing particles for the hard event
signal_id(): pdgid of the particle of interest in the hard event
custom(): extend with your own key / value metadata pair for the process
- Data writing methods for final state particles:
numpyarray of 4-momenta, each row
[px, py, pz, e]
is_signal(): boolean tags identifying if particle constituent of signal
custom(): extend with your own key / value dataset pair for the event
- Direct interface from HepMC files to HDF5 format
- Jupyter notebook examples
- Pip installation script
Warning: before the first release, the read interface may change to improve consistency with the write interface.
Breaking changes will be avoided following the iminent release of 1.0.0.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.