Python 3 library for easily JSON encoding/decoding complex class-based Python models, using an arbitrarily complex (but easy to write!) mapping schema.
A Python 3 library for easily JSON encoding/decoding complex class-based Python models, using an arbitrarily complex (but easy to write!) mapping schema.
- Ability to create serializers and deserializers for complex class-based models using a mapping schema defined in Python.
- Works seamlessly with Python’s in-built json.dumps and json.loads serialization methods - does not require the use of exotic convert_to_json/convert_from_json methods.
- Python models are not be coupled to the serialization process - models do not have to inherit from a particular superclass or implement an interface with a to_json (or similar) method.
- JSON representations produced are not coupled to the Python model - an arbitrary mapping between the JSON and the model can be defined.
- Simple to define serialization of subclasses, based on how superclasses are serialized.
- Pure Python 3 - no DSL, XML or similar required to describe mappings, not using outdated Python 2.
- Well tested.
- Define schema for mapping an object to and/or from JSON representation using a list of JsonPropertyMapping definitions.
- Use MappingJSONEncoderClassBuilder with the mappings to build a subclass of JSONEncode for serializing instances of a specific type. Similar with decode.
- Use created encoder class with Python’s in-built json.dumps via the cls parameter. Similar with decoder.
Encoders and decoders are generated based on a defined JSON <-> Model mapping. A mapping can be written that allows complex classes, such as that below, to be mapped to and from any JSON representation:
class CustomClass(SupportFor, MultipleInheritance): self __init__(self, support_for_constructor_parameters): self.support_for_all_types_of_properties = "" self.including_sets = set() self.and_lists = list() self.and_dictionaries = dict() self.and_complex_properties = ComplexClass() self.and_nested_objects_of_the_same_type = CustomClass() self.and_properties_not_in_json_if_none = None self support_for_setters(self, value): """...""" self support_for_getters(self): """...""" CustomClassJSONEncoder = MappingJSONEncoderClassBuilder(...).build() # type: JSONEncoder CustomClassJSONDecoder = MappingJSONDecoderClassBuilder(...).build() # type: JSONDecoder custom_class_as_json = json.dumps(custom_class, cls=CustomClassJSONEncoder) # type: str custom_class = json.loads("<custom_class_as_json>", cls=CustomClassJSONDecoder) # type: CustomClass
For more details, including information on how to setup and use the library, please view the documentation on ReadTheDocs or read it from /docs.