Hieroglyph is an extension for Sphinx which builds HTML5 slides from ReStructured Text documents.
You can install Hieroglyph using easy_install or pip:
$ easy_install hieroglyph
You can also download the latest development version, which may contain new features.
Add Hieroglyph as a Sphinx extension to your configuration:
extensions = [ 'hieroglyph', ]
Build your slides:
$ sphinx-build -b slides sourcedir outdir
Where sourcedir is the directory containing the Sphinx conf.py file and outdir is where you want your slides to output to.
Read the documentation for all the details about using, configuring, and extending Hieroglyph.
Hieroglyph is made available under a BSD license; see LICENSE for details.
Release date: 19 March 2013
- Rewrote, updated, and expanded documentation, including the addition of the Getting Started guide.
- Added inline-contents option to the slide directive.
- Fixed bug with image path calculation for documents in nested trees. This primarily impacted images generated by other extensions, such as blockdiag.
- Added support for marking a section as a slide when autoslides are disabled.
- All slide-related nodes are now left intact when pruning the tree.
- Fixed bug related to changing themes between documents that resulted in Sphinx reporting Template Not Found.
- Fixed level calculation for slides created with the slide directive.
- Simplified processing of slideconf nodes: previously an attempt was made to remove them when not building slides. This was fragile, and led to breakage in the latex and texinfo builders. They’re now skipped properly for all builtin Sphinx builders.
Release date: 24 December 2012
- Added support for slide directive
- Added autoslides config parameter to allow disabling automatic generation of slides from document text.
- Added inline slide builder.
- Renamed slides and notslides directives to ifslides and ifnotslides, respectively. The old names will continue to work for a while, the rename just makes them more expressive.
- Changed key for toggling slide table view to t (was ESC).
- Fixed problems with styling nested lists
- Fixed incompatibility with latex-pdf builder
Release date: 27 September 2012
- Print-specific styling for printing slides
- More accurate display of scaled slides on Slide Table
- Initial implementation of Presenter Console
- Themes and docs include font files locally
- Changed interlink configuration keys to be more consistent.
- Support for file-specific theme configuration
- Support for slide numbering
Release date: 5 June 2012
- Correctly generate relative links between HTML & Slides
Release date: 5 June 2012
- Added content, code missing from the 0.3 release.
- Updated README to reflect changes in 0.3.
- Changed docs configuration to build HTML + Slides.
Release date: 4 June 2012
- Provide directory and standalone based builders.
- Added slides and notslides directives.
- Fix up absolute image paths from things like blockdiag
- Preliminary support for linking between HTML to Slides
- Preliminary slide table support
Backward Incompatible Changes:
- Builders have been renamed to slides and dirslides. If your Makefile refers to html5slides or dirhtml5slides, you will need to update it.
Release date: 10 March 2012
- Initial implementation of Sphinx builder.
- Two themes: slides and single-level
- Basic documentation
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size hieroglyph-0.5.5.tar.gz (779.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|