Service orchestration library for the Hitch testing framework.
HitchServe is a UNIX service orchestration plugin for the Hitch testing framework.
- Start a group of services in parallel by using a simple, declarative API.
- Aggregates logs from all the services it runs and prints them together, labeled.
- Provides API to print logs, tail logs as well as to tail service logs and ‘listen’ for specific lines.
- Provides an API to auto-convert JSON log lines into JSON and to tail and listen for specific properties.
- Asks politely first with a configurable signal (default: SIGTERM) to shut down services.
- If the shutdown timeout is exceeded, sends SIGKILL to any misbehaving processes and all of their children and grandchildren.
- Runs services with libfaketime and provides an API to change the time sent to their APIs.
- Provides an API call to listen for and connect to any process’s IPython kernel.
Install into a hitch environment like so:
$ hitch install hitchserve