Python help CLI
Get Python help from the command-line.
pip install hlp
To enable autocompletion, put the following in your shell's init script:
eval "$(hlp --autocomplete-init=bash)"
hlp part [parts ...]
parts combined form a Python package, module, or class
name. When executed,
hlp runs the
function on the combined parts.
hlp http hlp http.server hlp http server hlp http server SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
hlp autocompletes package, module, and class names.
hlp provides help for the Python environment it is executed under. To get
help for a different environment, install help into it. Only one user-level
install is supported. If more are required, it may be better to just use
path/to/python -m pydoc.
- Module and class name autocompletion (in bash)
- A few less characters than
python -m pydoc
Install nox and run it in the root of the repository.
- Identify commit to promote artifacts for, it must have a successful build with artifacts pushed to S3.
- Locally tag commit with annotated tag.
- Push tag to repo.
- Create PR to bump version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.