Framework around health checks, smoke tests and diagnoses: monitor your applications and services at runtime.
hospital is a Python framework to write health checks, smoke tests or
diagnoses around applications or services.
Health checks are kind of tests, applied to running applications and services:
- write healtchecks just as you would write tests, using assertions;
- collect and run healthchecks with test runners;
- use healthchecks to validate deployments;
- plug healthchecks in supervision and monitoring tools;
- in case of incidents, use healthchecks to diagnose problems.
In your project’s root package, have a healthchecks package or module, where you assert your (running) application or service is ok:
import unittest import hospital @hospital.healthcheck class DocumentationHealthCheck(unittest.TestCase): def test_http_200(self): url = 'http://hospital.readthedocs.org/en/0.6/' hospital.assert_http_response(url, status_code=200)
Then you can collect and run the healthchecks with command line or web service. Here is an example with command line:
$ hospital-cli <YOUR-PACKAGE>.healthchecks
Of course, any ideas, feedback or help are welcome :)
- Documentation: https://hospital.readthedocs.org
- IRC: #python-hospital on freenode
- Mailing-list: email@example.com, see archives at http://librelist.com/browser/pythonhospital/
- PyPI page: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hospital
- Code repository: https://github.com/python-hospital/hospital
- Continuous integration: https://travis-ci.org/python-hospital/hospital
- Bugs & feature requests: https://github.com/python-hospital/hospital/issues
- Changelog: https://hospital.readthedocs.org/en/latest/about/changelog.html
- Roadmap: https://github.com/python-hospital/hospital/milestones