Health checks for Python.
hospital makes it easy to setup and use health checks in Python.
Health checks are kind of tests applied to running applications and services:
- while developing the application, write health checks ;
- after a deployment, run health checks to make sure everything went fine ;
- include health checks in supervision/monitoring tools ;
- in case of incidents, use health checks to diagnose problems.
from hospital import HealthCheck class DatabaseHealthCheck(HealthCheck): def test_open_connection(self): """Can open connection to database.""" def test_ping_host(self): """Can ping database host.""" def test_driver(self): """Database's client library for Python can be imported.""" def diagnose_database_connection(self): """Can connect to database.""" self.assertAny(self.test_open_connection, self.test_ping_host, self.test_driver) def fix_database_driver(self): """Trigger installation of database library.""" my_provisioner.install(database_library, confirm=True)
- Documentation: https://hospital.readthedocs.org
- PyPI page: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hospital
- Code repository: https://github.com/python-hospital/hospital
- Bugtracker: https://github.com/python-hospital/hospital/issues
- Continuous integration: https://travis-ci.org/python-hospital/hospital