HPC Container Maker
# HPC Container Maker
HPC Container Maker (HPCCM - pronounced H-P-see-M) is an open source tool to make it easier to generate container specification files.
- [Getting Started](/docs/getting_started.md)
- [API: Building Blocks](/docs/building_blocks.md)
- [API: Primitives](/docs/primitives.md)
- [API: Miscellaneous](/docs/misc_api.md)
HPC Container Maker generates Dockerfiles or Singularity definition files from a high level Python recipe. HPCCM recipes have some distinct advantages over “native” container specification formats.
- A library of HPC [building blocks](/docs/building_blocks.md) that separate the choice of what to include in a container image from the details of how it’s done. The building blocks transparently provide the latest component and container best practices.
- Python provides increased flexibility over static container specification formats. Python-based recipes can branch, validate user input, etc. - the same recipe can generate multiple container specifications.
- Generate either Dockerfiles or Singularity definition files from the same recipe.
## Additional Resources
- [Making Containers Easier With HPC Container Maker (paper)](https://github.com/HPCSYSPROS/Workshop18/blob/master/Making_Containers_Easier_with_HPC_Container_Maker/ws_hpcsysp103.pdf), presented at the [HPC Systems Professionals Workshop at SC18](/docs/citation.md)
- [Overview presentation at SC18 (video)](http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/supercomputing/2018/video/sc1843-making-containers-easier-hpc-container-maker.html)
- [Making Containers Easier with HPC Container Maker (webinar)](https://www.nvidia.com/content/webinar-portal/src/webinar-portal.html?D2C=1802760&isSocialSharing=Y&partnerref=emailShareFromGateway)
- [ADMIN Magazine article](http://www.admin-magazine.com/HPC/Articles/HPC-Container-Maker) by Jeff Layton
- [NVIDIA Developer Blog](https://devblogs.nvidia.com/making-containers-easier-with-hpc-container-maker/) by Scott McMillan
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size hpccm-20.1.0.tar.gz (174.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|