HTTPie: modern, user-friendly command-line HTTP client for the API era.
HTTPie: human-friendly CLI HTTP client for the API era
HTTPie (pronounced aitch-tee-tee-pie) is a command-line HTTP client.
Its goal is to make CLI interaction with web services as human-friendly as possible.
HTTPie is designed for testing, debugging, and generally interacting with APIs & HTTP servers.
https commands allow for creating and sending arbitrary HTTP requests.
They use simple and natural syntax and provide formatted and colorized output.
We lost 54k GitHub stars
Please note we recently accidentally made this repo private for a moment, and GitHub deleted our community that took a decade to build. Read the full story here: https://httpie.io/blog/stardust
- Expressive and intuitive syntax
- Formatted and colorized terminal output
- Built-in JSON support
- Forms and file uploads
- HTTPS, proxies, and authentication
- Arbitrary request data
- Custom headers
- Persistent sessions
$ https httpie.io/hello
$ http PUT pie.dev/put X-API-Token:123 name=John
Build and print a request without sending it using offline mode:
$ http --offline pie.dev/post hello=offline
$ http -a USERNAME POST https://api.github.com/repos/httpie/httpie/issues/83/comments body='HTTPie is awesome! :heart:'
Community & support
- Visit the HTTPie website for full documentation and useful links.
- Join our Discord server is to ask questions, discuss features, and for general API chat.
- Tweet at @httpie on Twitter.
- Use StackOverflow to ask questions and include a
- Create GitHub Issues for bug reports and feature requests.
- Subscribe to the HTTPie newsletter for occasional updates.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.