A comprehensive HTTP client library.
A comprehensive HTTP client library, httplib2 supports many features left out of other HTTP libraries.
- HTTP and HTTPS
- HTTPS support is only available if the socket module was compiled with SSL support.
- Supports HTTP 1.1 Keep-Alive, keeping the socket open and performing multiple requests over the same connection if possible.
The following three types of HTTP Authentication are supported. These can be used over both HTTP and HTTPS.
- The module can optionally operate with a private cache that understands the Cache-Control: header and uses both the ETag and Last-Modified cache validators. Both file system and memcached based caches are supported.
- All Methods
- The module can handle any HTTP request method, not just GET and POST.
- Automatically follows 3XX redirects on GETs.
- Handles both ‘deflate’ and ‘gzip’ types of compression.
- Lost update support
- Automatically adds back ETags into PUT requests to resources we have already cached. This implements Section 3.2 of Detecting the Lost Update Problem Using Unreserved Checkout
- Unit Tested
- A large and growing set of unit tests.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size httplib2-0.17.0-py3-none-any.whl (95.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size httplib2-0.17.0.tar.gz (220.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for httplib2-0.17.0-py3-none-any.whl