An application to browse and manage BAG files.
HydrOffice BAG Explorer
HydrOffice is a research development environment for ocean mapping. It provides a collection of hydro-packages, each of them dealing with a specific issue of the field. The main goal is to speed up both algorithms testing and research-2-operation.
BAG Explorer is a light application, based on HDF Compass and the HydrOffice BAG library tools, to explore BAG data files.
HDF Compass is written in Python, but ships as a native application on Windows, OS X, and Linux, by using PyInstaller and Py2App to package the app. For more info about HDF Compass, visit the GitHub repository and the project web page.
HydrOffice BAG library provides access to BAG-specific features, as well as a collection of tools to verify and manipulate BAG data files.
For executing and packaging the BAG Explorer app:
- hdf_compass (that requires several dependencies as matplotlib, wxPython, h5py)
- hydroffice.bag (that also requires lxml and osgeo.gdal)
- PyInstaller [for freezing the application]
- appdmg [for creating a dmg on Mac]
Use of Pyinstaller
- pyinstaller --clean -y freeze/BAGExplorer.1file.spec
- pyinstaller --clean -y freeze/BAGExplorer.1folder.spec
Creation of MAC OS dmg
- appdmg spec.json dist/BAGExplorer.dmg
- Bitbucket: repo <https://github.com/hydroffice/hyo_bagexplorer
- Project page: url
- License: LGPLv3 license (See LICENSE)
- Minor fixes to Menu entries and About dialogs
- Switch to git
- Switch to Python 3.6+
- Split from hyo.bag as stand-alone hydro-package
The following wonderful people contributed directly or indirectly to this project:
Please add yourself here alphabetically when you submit your first pull request.
How to contribute
Every open source project lives from the generous help by contributors that sacrifice their time and this is no different.
To make participation as pleasant as possible, this project adheres to the Code of Conduct by the Python Software Foundation.
Here are a few hints and rules to get you started:
- Add yourself to the AUTHORS.txt file in an alphabetical fashion. Every contribution is valuable and shall be credited.
- If your change is noteworthy, add an entry to the changelog.
- No contribution is too small; please submit as many fixes for typos and grammar bloopers as you can!
- Don’t ever break backward compatibility.
- Always add tests and docs for your code. This is a hard rule; patches with missing tests or documentation won’t be merged. If a feature is not tested or documented, it does not exist.
- Obey PEP 8 and PEP 257.
- Write good commit messages.
- Ideally, collapse your commits, i.e. make your pull requests just one commit.
If you have something great but aren’t sure whether it adheres – or even can adhere – to the rules above: please submit a pull request anyway! In the best case, we can mold it into something, in the worst case the pull request gets politely closed. There’s absolutely nothing to fear.
Thank you for considering to contribute! If you have any question or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size hyo.bagexplorer-0.5.7-py3-none-any.whl (988.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for hyo.bagexplorer-0.5.7-py3-none-any.whl