Compute recurrences of events
This package provides helper functions to compute recurrences of events in a environment using the Zope Component Architecture (ZCA).
Copyright (c) 2013-2018 Michael Howitz
This package is licensed under the MIT License, see LICENSE.txt inside the package.
Register the package at the ZCA via ZCML:
<include package="icemac.recurrence" />
Compute recurrences. The example computes the 2nd Tuesday each month.:
>>> from icemac.recurrence import get_recurrences >>> get_recurrences( ... datetime=datetime(2015, 10, 13, 11, 15), ... period='nth weekday of month', ... interval_start=datetime(2015, 1, 1), ... interval_end=datetime(2015, 12, 31)) [datetime(2015, 10, 13, 11, 15), datetime(2015, 11, 10, 11, 15), datetime(2015, 12, 8, 11, 15)]
Supported recurrence periods:
- nth weekday of month
- nth weekday every other month
- nth weekday from end of month
- nth weekday from end of other month
Get the source code:
$ git clone https://github.com/icemac/icemac.recurrence
or fork me on: https://github.com/icemac/icemac.recurrence
- Add support for Python 3.6 and 3.7, PyPy and PyPy3.
- The tests are now run using tox.
- Change license from ZPL to MIT.
- Fix the computation of monthly recurrences not to return a date before the given interval_start date.
- Also release as wheel.
- Fix a corner case in the computation of monthly recurrences: If the beginning of the interval for which recurrences should be computed was outside DST but the recurrence date was inside DST - it was incorrectly returned with a time zone object which did not have DST switched on.
- No longer exclude tests from coverage report.
- Fix computation of biweekly recurrences: Previously the first recurrence with a matching weekday in the interval was used as the first result for the interval. This is only correct in half of the cases. Now the computation of the first recurrence in the interval takes into account that it has to be an even number of weeks after the recurrence start date and it handles DST differences correctly.
- Add Manifest and clean up coverage configuration.
- Fix handling for dates with a timezone which has a daylight saving time (DST): The local time of the recurrence does not change when switching DST though the UTC representation of the time will now change.
- Shorten the import path of get_recurrences() from icemac.recurrence.recurrence to just icemac.recurrence.
- Refactor tests to use py.test fixtures.
- Fix an off by one month error in the periods nth weekday every other month and nth weekday from end of other month.
- Bring the test coverage to 100 % even in branch coverage.
- Fix broken 1.0.0 release.
- Extract package from icemac.ab.calendar for reuse in other projects.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|icemac.recurrence-1.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (19.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|icemac.recurrence-1.6.tar.gz (13.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|