IDS Utility Library
py-idstools is a collection of Python libraries for working with IDS systems (typically Snort and Suricata).
- Snort/Suricata unified2 log file reading.
- Continuous unified2 directory spool reading with bookmarking (a’la Barnyard2).
- Parser and mapping for classification.config.
- Parser and mapping for gen-msg.map and sid-msg.map.
- Python 2.6 or 2.7; Python 3.3 works but is not as well tested.
- Currently only tested on Linux.
Reading a Unified2 Spool Directory
The following code snippet will “tail” a unified log directory aggregating records into events:
from idstools import unified2 reader = unified2.SpoolEventReader("/var/log/snort", "unified2.log", tail=True) for event in reader: print(event)
Further documentation is located at http://idstools.readthedocs.org.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size idstools-0.3.0.tar.gz (15.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|