Access the IETF Data Tracker and RFC Index
ietf-data - Access the IETF DataTracker and related resources
This project contains Python 3 libraries to interact with, and access, the (IETF data tracker)[https://datatracker.ietf.org], (RFC index)[https://www.rfc-editor.org], and related resources.
The project uses Pipenv for dependency management. To begin, run:
pipenv install --dev
to create a Python virtual environment with appropriate packages install. Then, run:
to start the virtual environment, within which you can run the scripts.
Once the virtual environment is started, running:
will run the test suite for the datatracker module. Running:
Will test the rfcindex module.
- Edit CHANGELOG.md and ensure up-to-date
- Edit setup.py to ensure the correct version number is present
- Edit ietfdata/datatracker.py to fix version number in DataTracker::ua
- Commit changes and push to Github
make testto run the test suite. If any tests fail, fix then restart the release process
python3 setup.py sdist bdist_wheelto prepare the package
python3 -m twine upload dist/*to upload the package
- Commit the packages files in
dist/*push to Github
- Tag the release in Github
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.