Cut images into tiles and reassemble them..
What does it do?
Splits an image into n equally-sized tiles. Also capable of joining the pieces back together.
Whether you are planning a collaborative art project, creating a jigsaw puzzle, or simply get a kick out of dividing images into identical quadrilaterals… this package is for you!
$ pip install image_slicer
Python versions supported:
Slice an image with Python:
>>> import image_slicer >>> image_slicer.slice('cake.jpg', 4) (<Tile #1 - cake_01_01.png>, <Tile #2 - cake_01_02.png>, <Tile #3 - cake_02_01.png>, <Tile #4 - cake_02_02.png>)
… or from the command line:
$ slice-image cake.jpg 36
This module was developed for collabart, a web application for launching collaborative art projects.
- Fix save is executed twice
- Fix file extensions of output files should be lower case
- Fix CLI script help text for JPEG usage
- Fix slice-image script.
- Rename join_tiles() to join().
- New Tile class.
- split_image() now saves tiles by default.
- get_basename() can now handle paths.
- More comprehensive validation in validate_image().
- Fix incorrect filenames returned by save_tiles().
- Expand documentation.
- Improve test coverage.
- Fix dependencies in setup.py
- Initial release.