A Python import organizer
Imporganizer organizes any imports of Python files found in the start of the file, putting them in alphabetic order. Comments or docstrings in the first lines are not supported yet. This feature is planned.
Your imports need to be formatted in these rules:
- They must be at the start of the file (blank lines before the first import will be removed).
- They must use forward-slash to define multi-line imports.
- They must be separated from the rest of the file (Python code) by 2 empty lines.
from django.models import Model, \ Manager
from django.models import (Model, Manager)
Install using pip:
$ pip install imporganizer
Use with the command line (main usage):
$ imporganizer organize-this.py --third-party=package1,package2 --homemade=package3,package4
Update the standard packages list with:
$ imporganizer --update-builtin
You can’t update the builtin list and organize a file with a single command, but this is a feature in our roadmap.
They will be categorized by:
- Standard: all packages included with the default distribution of Python.
- Third party: all packages not standard and not internal to the project.
- Homemade: dependencies, packages and modules internal to the project.
To be able to categorize your packages this way, you must inform which ones are third party and which ones are internal to the project. You do this by the command line:
imporganizer organize-this.py --third-party=package1,package2 --homemade=package3,package4
For an input like this:
from django.forms import Form, \ CharField from textwrap import dedent from django.db.models import Model import sys import os import internal import another_internal print('hey')
The output will be:
import os import sys from textwrap import dedent from django.db.models import Model from django.forms import CharField, \ Form import another_internal import internal print('hey')
It will assume a maximum line length of 79 characters.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size imporganizer-1.1.1.tar.gz (6.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|