Another API-less Instagram pictures and videos downloader.
Not all treasure’s silver and gold, mate.
InstaLooter is a program that can download any picture or video associated from an Instagram profile, without any API access. It can be seen as a re-implementation of the now deprecated InstaRaider developed by @akurtovic.
|docopt||CLI arguments parsing|
|progressbar2||Dynamic output in CLI|
|six||Python 2/3 compatibility|
InstaLooter comes with its CLI:
$ instaLooter <username> <directory> [options] $ instaLooter hashtag <hashtag> <directory> [options]
- the username of the instagram account to download pictures and videos from.
- the hashtag to download pictures and videos from.
- the directory to download files into.
- -n NUM, --num-to-dl NUM
- number of maximum new posts to download (if not specified all posts are downloaded).
- -m, --add-metadata
- add date and caption metadata to downloaded pictures (requires piexif and PIL/Pillow)
- -v, --get-videos
- also download videos.
- -j JOBS, --jobs JOBS
- the number of parallel threads to use to download files. It is advised to use a value of at least 12 as Instagram profile pages display 12 medias at a time in order to insure parallel download of all files. [default: 16]
- -c CRED, --credentials CRED
- the login and password to use to login to Instagram, if needed (for instance: downloading medias from a private account you follow). [format: login[:password]]
- -q, --quiet
- do not produce any output.
- -t TIME, --time TIME
- the timeframe within which to download pictures and videos [format: start:stop]. The parameter can be either a combination of start and stop date in ISO format (e.g. 2016-12-21:2016-12-18, 2015-03-07:, :2016-08-02) or a special value among: thisday, thisweek, thismonth, thisyear. Edges are included in the time frame, so if using the following value: --time 2016-05-10:2016-04-03, then all medias will be downloaded including the ones posted on the 10th of May 2016 and on the 3rd of April 2016.
$ pip install instaLooter # requires super-user rights
$ git clone https://github.com/althonos/InstaLooter $ cd InstaLooter $ pip install . # requires super-user rights
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size instaLooter-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size instaLooter-0.4.0.tar.gz (25.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for instaLooter-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl