Interlude for Doctests provides an Interactive Console.
Interlude - Interactive Doctests
Provides an interactive shell aka console inside your doctest case.
The console looks exact like in a doctest-case and you can copy and paste code from the shell into your doctest. It feels as you are in the test case itself. Its not pdb, it’s a python shell.
In your doctest you can invoke the shell at any point by calling:
To make your testrunner interlude aware, pass interact as a global to the DocFileSuite as shown here:
... import interlude ... suite = DocFileSuite( ..., globs=dict(interact=interlude.interact), ...) ...
If IPython is available it opens an IPython prompt. The prompt is modified and looks like in a doctest. To surpress the prompt modifications call interact with additional kwarg doctest_prompt=False.
interlude is copyright 2006-2014 by BlueDynamics Alliance, Klein & Partner KG, Austria. It is under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPLv3).
- needs IPython 1.1.0 or better. Skipped support for older versions. [jensens, 2014-02-09]
- added extra require, so when ipython is wanted just depend in buildout, pip-requirements, setup, (name it) on``interlude[ipython]`` [jensens, 2014-02-09]
- start IPython shell with a custom doctest prompt, thus it is easier to copy-paste from the shell to the doctest (save a typing a %doctest_mode each time. Added also option doctest_prompt=False to disable this. [jensens, 2014-02-09]
- make the ipython support work with newer ipython versions. [sunew]
- fix broken release, include *.rst with MANIFEST.in
- IPython support - alanjds, 2010-12-19
- initial release