An unobtrusive authentication framework for WSGI stacks.
islay.auth is a very basic authentication middleware designed to work well within the WSGI specification. As not everything that works well in theory also works well in practise the interfaces it uses are a strict subset of those used by repoze.who, so any plugin that works for islay.auth should work seamlessly in repoze.who which provides more features that may be of practical use.
islay.auth will not scribble on the environ, it will only use HTTP standards. That means it works by faking HTTP basic auth rather than simply providing the details requested of it. For convenience it also provides REMOTE_USER in-keeping with the de facto standard in use by Apache.
There are three types of plugin available:
- IIdentifier takes a request and manipulates its credentials. As well as extracting the credentials dictionary it provides helper methods for returning the appropriate headers to users to cause them to log in or out.
- IAuthenticator verifies that the extracted credentials correspond to a real user.
- IChallenger plugins take over in the case of a 401 response from the underlying application.
- Basic implementation and tests.
- Does not send WWW-Authentiate yet.
- Alpha quality
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size islay.auth-0.1.tar.gz (7.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|