Buildout recipes for /etc/cron.d.
This package provides buildout recipes for the configuration of cron jobs. It creates files that are suitable for use in /etc/cron.d.
We use the system cron, so this recipe will not install cron for you. If you wish to install cron, use zc.recipe.cmmi perhaps.
- The command to run from cron. Cron can’t handle multi-line commands, so n will become ‘ ‘.
- Instead of command you can provide a script inline that will be saved to disk and run in the cronjob.
- The account to run the command under
- Where to write the cron entry to
- One of ‘reboot’, ‘yearly’, ‘monthly’, ‘weekly’, ‘daily’, ‘midnight’ or ‘hourly’
- Any integer from 0 to 59
- Any integer from 0 to 23
- Any integer from 1 to 31 (must be a valid day if a month is specified)
- Any integer from 1 to 12, or the short name of the month such as ‘jan’
- Any integer from 0 to 7 (where 0 and 7 are Sunday), or a short name such as ‘mon’
You must specify at least one of the above. You can use normal cron notation here too.
- Prepare the environment that your cron job will run under, for example setting PYTHONPATH
- Any comments made will be prefixed with ‘#’ and included in the generated files.
This software is available from our recipe repository on github.
Copyright 2010 Isotoma Limited
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.