Disallow access to a Plone site and its children if user is anonymous
What is iw.rejectanonymous ?
This package is made to reject unconditionnally anonymous users from a Plone site, without any change in your security policy matrix or workflows. They should get redirected by plone to login form. The basic use case is an extranet, where all visitors must be authenticated.
- Plone 3
- Plone 4
Add iw.rejectanonymous to the eggs option of your plone.recipe.zope2instance part
... [instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... eggs = ... iw.rejectanonymous ... ... # The ZCML slug is no more required with Plone 3.3 and up zcml = ... iw.rejectanonymous ...
Re-run buildout, then open the “Security” control panel of any Plone site of your instance. A new Private site checkbox lets you (de)activate iw.rejectanonymous.
iw.rejectanonymous enables the publication of some resources to the anonymous user, more specifically to enable all media and resources required from the standard loging page and the password reset page.
Adding valid ids
If your customized logging page requires some specific images or your site policy component provides a signup page which name is not login_form you may add additional ids (url last part) that are available to anonymous users.
from iw.rejectanonymous import addValidIds ... addValidIds('some_image.png', 'my_login_form')
Adding valid subparts
If you want to let anonymous users browse the pages of some folders, you need to add valid subparts.
from iw.rejectanonymous import addValidSubparts ... addValidSubparts('disclaimer', 'public_section')
Adding valid subparts prefixes
If you want to let anonymous users browse the pages of some folders with specific prefixes, you need to add valid subpart prefixes.
from iw.rejectanonymous import addValidSubpartPrefixes ... addValidSubpartPrefixes('public_')
You may hide viewlets from the views of the site (login form, password reset form). You need for this to add such lines in your site policy ZCML.
<browser:viewlet name="original.viewlet.name" for="iw.rejectanonymous.IPrivateSite" manager="original.viewlet.manager.Interface" class="original.viewlet.Class" permission="cmf.SetOwnProperties" />
- Keep the original viewlet name.
- iw.rejectanonymous.IPrivateSite the marker interface set to private sites
- Keep the original manager
- Keep the original viewlet class
- Choose a permission that is not granted to an anonymous user but to anyone else. cmf.SetOwnProperties is a good choice if your site has the standard security policy.
See how we hide the plone.personal_bar and the plone.searchbox in the configure.zcml of this component.
- Bertrand Mathieu
- Thomas Desvenain
- Gilles Lenfant
- Elisabeth Leddy
- Modified coding style of getPortalLogoId function. [vincentfretin]
- Make iw.rejectanonymous work in tests [jaroel]
- 4.2.1 Compatibility. [thomasdesvenain]
- Include cmf permissions zcml. [thomasdesvenain]
- ZCML duplicate viewlet setting [eleddy]
- Typos in README.rst [glenfant]
- Version in setup.py was a float [glenfant]
- Added doc for customization [glenfant]
- Re enabled tests [glenfant]
- Disabled some viewlets to anonymous and added doc for customization. See https://github.com/collective/iw.rejectanonymous/issues/1 [glenfant]
- Added valid subpart prefixes such iw.rejectanonymous does not conflict with plone.app.theming (Diazo) [glenfant]
- Enable portal_kss subparts. [thomasdesvenain]
- In plone 4, use of base_properties is sketchy and likely incompat. Catch error if needed and use better default for logo. [eleddy]
- z3c.autoinclude awareness added so the ZCML slug does not need to be explicitely added in buildout *.cfg. [glenfant]
- Add customization utilities and doc (add new enabled ids and subpaths) [glenfant]
- Enable favicon. [thomasdesvenain]
1.0.1 - 2010-10-08
- Enable password reset system. [thomasdesvenain]
1.0.0 - 2008-02-11
- Initial release [bmathieu]