Point cloud geometric properties from python.
- Documentation: https://jakteristics.readthedocs.io
- Github: https://github.com/jakarto3d/jakteristics
Jakteristics is a python package to compute point cloud geometric features.
A geometric feature is a description of the geometric shape around a point based on its neighborhood. For example, a point located on a wall will have a high planarity.
The features used in this package are described in the paper Contour detection in unstructured 3D point clouds. They are computed based on the eigenvalues and eigenvectors:
- Eigenvalue sum
- Surface Variation
- Nx, Ny, Nz (The normal vector)
It’s inspired from a similar tool in CloudCompare.
It’s implemented in cython using the BLAS and LAPACK scipy wrappers. It can use multiple cpus, and the performance is quite good (at least twice as fast as CloudCompare).
python -m pip install jakteristics
Refer to the documentation for more details.
from jakteristics import compute_features features = compute_features(xyz, search_radius=0.15)
Once the package is installed, you can use the jakteristics command:
jakteristics input/las/file.las output/file.las --search-radius 0.15 --num-threads 4
python -m pip install -r requirements-dev.txt python setup.py pytest
- fix: compatibility with latest laspy version (>= 2.1.1, (2.1.0 has a bug))
- the default value when features can’t be computed should be NaN
- fix extension import statement
- fix: create parent directories for output file
- fix: rename –num_threads to –num-threads
- fix: require laspy 1.7 for upper case names in extra dimensions
- first pypi release
- add github actions
- add feature-names parameter to compute specific features
- fix windows compilation with openmp
- add example cloudcompare script
- add num_threads cli parameter and help documentation
- write extra dimensions in the correct order
- Fix tests
- Fix bug where single precision was used for intermediate variables
- First release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for jakteristics-0.5.0-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
Hashes for jakteristics-0.5.0-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl
Hashes for jakteristics-0.5.0-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl