A command line tool and framework for getting more from the Git pre-commit
What is the Git pre-commit hook? It’s a small script that Git automatically
runs right before you commit.
The Jig command line tool is written in Python, you can write plugins in any
language you wish. Install the tool by:
$ pip install jig || easy_install jig
Release 0.1.11 - February 28th, 2015
- Removes references to the async Python library which is no longer
needed by gitdb. Fixes #11.
Release 0.1.10 - July 23rd, 2014
- Fixed references to downloading files from GitHub after a security update
redirects all requests to githubusercontent.com
Release 0.1.9 - February 22nd, 2014
- Adds a jig sticky command that auto-initializes freshly cloned Git
repositories for use with Jig.
Release 0.1.8 - February 1st, 2014
- Adds a jig report command allowing Jig to be ran on any Git revision range.
- Adds a jig version to show the currently installed version of Jig.
Release 0.1.7 - December 13th, 2013
- Fix a missing string to unicode conversion that could cause errors if unicode
characters were present in the input sent to plugins.
Release 0.1.6 - April 28th, 2013
- jig config command added, allowing plugin configuration settings to be
Release 0.1.5 - April 10th, 2013
- jig runnow supports a --plugin option so that only a specific plugin
- jig plugin test has a new --range option to limit the tests ran to a
specific set instead of the entire suite.
Release 0.1.4 - March 24th, 2013
- Jig commands now include more useful messages.
- Periodically checks if installed plugins have updates and prompts to install
the latest plugins.
- Ignores the .jig directory when running (GitHub Issue #1).
Release 0.1.3 - February 16th, 2013
- Makes the indicator between warning messages and stop messages
easy to discern at a quick glance.
- When Jig runs via the Git pre-commit hook, the output is more pronounced.
- Update the plugin test runner to ignore the summary lines at the bottom of
Release 0.1.2 - February 13th, 2013
- Support for Python 2.6 when running plugins jig plugin test.
Release 0.1.1 - February 7th, 2013
- Upgrade plugins installed from a URL using jig plugin update.
- Python 2.6 support.
Release 0.1.0 - April 6th, 2012