This plugin adds utilities for working with images and videos to the katalytic namespace
Don't use in production yet. I will probably introduce backwards incompatible changes
Process images with less boilerplate and more flexibility than you've ever dreamed of.
- loading images in a specific colorspace (RGB, HSV, grayscale, and more) with a single command
- converting image colorspaces
- The functions accept numpy arrays and Pillow images as input and return the same type
- defining the shapes to be drawn on top of an image in a declarative way as a list of dicts and passing it to draw()
- Many more (TODO: Link to tocs)
First, install opencv
if [[ ! $(pip freeze | grep -Pi 'opencv') ]]; then
pip install opencv-python
Then, install this package
pip install katalytic-images
- make pillow an optional dependency.
- setup_load_image() should pick opencv if pillow is not available
- image thresholding and masking operations
- interactive data exploration widgets (maybe as part of another package)
- higher level API on top of opencv
- utilities for video processing
We appreciate any form of contribution, including but not limited to:
- Code contributions: Enhance our repository with your code and tests.
- Feature suggestions: Your ideas can shape the future development of our package.
- Architectural improvements: Help us optimize our system's design and API.
- Bug fixes: Improve user experience by reporting or resolving issues.
- Documentation: Help us maintain clear and up-to-date instructions for users.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for katalytic_images-0.9.5-py3-none-any.whl