A static website generator based on Asciidoctor sources.
KB4IT is a static website generator based on Asciidoctor sources mainly for technical documentation purposes.
- The main aim is to provide an easy way to write technical documentation.
- Don’t care about the formatting and focus on the contents.
- To allow teams to manage their knowledge database easily.
- Do not depend on third software products like word processors or complex web applications.
- Writing documentation: Documents must be in Asciidoctor format which is easy to learn.
- Finding documents: Once a document is converted to html, properties can be browsed. Moreover, property pages have filters and a search entry to filter by title.
- Publishing your repository: all necessary files are inside a directory. Browse it or copy it to your web server.
- Serverless: There is no need for a web server. Of course, you can use one if you please.
- Smart compiling: Only those documents added or modified are compiled.
- No online editor: At this moment, KB4IT doesn’t include any online editor. You must create or edit your documents with your preferred editor.
- No dynamic search: KB4IT was developed to be as simple as possible. No dependencies at all excepting Asciidoctor (as text processor and publishing toolchain) and Python (the programming language used).
python3 setup.py install --user
pip3 install kb4it --user
The most typical usage would be:
$HOME/.local/bin/kb4it -sp /path/to/asciidoctor/sources -tp /path/to/target/directory --log DEBUG
Get the code from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/t00m/KB4IT
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size kb4it-0.7.1-py3-none-any.whl (399.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size kb4it-0.7.1.tar.gz (361.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|