Knowledge (IRC) Database Bot
kdb is a small pluggable IRC Bot framework utilizing the circuits Python Application Framework.
kdb was one of the first “test” applications written in circuits and is still maintained and kept up-to-date with new features and changes in circuits.
You may use kdb as a framework to build your own projects that use the IRC protocol. kdb itself comes with a suite of useful plugins and features. If you’d like to see it in action, feel free to get in touch with the developer James Mills (prologic) on the FreeNode IRC Network who resides in the #circuits channel.
kdb was created by and is primarily maintained by James Mills
$ pip install kdb
$ kdb irc.freenode.net
For other options:
$ kdb --help
Installation and Usage on Docker
kdb is now Docker ready and can be run with:
$ CID=$(docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -v $(pwd)/etc:/etc/kdb --name="kdb" prologic/kdb --config=/etc/kdb/kdb.ini)
Be sure to edit etc/kdb.ini or change the above line to suit your needs mounting the configuration directory from another path on your host.
kdb has a full complementary set of plugins available.
For a list of available plugins, see:
You may install the latest Development Version via:
$ pip install kdb==dev
kdb 1.0.1 (2014-04-16)
- Fixed Web Plugin proper and make package non zip_safe.
- Fixed templates path in Web Plugin.
- Fixed the Web Plugin so it works if installed as a package and run separately.
kdb 1.0.0 (2014-04-16)
- Fixed missing html2text and aspell-en dependency.
- Updated requirements and Dockerfile
- Moved example config into etc/
- Print a treceback on plugin load failure.
- Use os.path.exists to check for --config file.
- Fixed Dockerfile
- Added Remote Plugin Plugin
- Fixed sub-commands for Channels Plugin.
- Fixed state management.
- Set a filename to save RSS Feeds to for the RSS Plugin in the default sample configuration file.
- Fixed sub-commands with the Channels Plugin.
- Fixed display of RLIST command in RSS Plugin.
- Fixed counting usage statistics of commands.
kdb 0.9.0 (2014-04-14)
- Ported to circuits 3.0
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|kdb-1.0.1-py2.7.egg (165.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Apr 15, 2014|
|kdb-1.0.1-py2-none-any.whl (109.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Apr 15, 2014|
|kdb-1.0.1.tar.gz (404.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 15, 2014|