Python API with evolutionary computation and reinforcement learning algorithms for Khepera simulation engine
KhepPy stands for Khepera Python and is Python API with evolutionary computation and reinforcement learning algorithms for Khepera simulation engine. More information about the engine itself can be found here.
The idea behind KhepPy is to provide algorithms able to generate high-quality steering programs for Khepera robots.
The procedure to run KhepPy is fast and very easy.
- Python 3
- (in future) Tensorflow
Khepera simulation engine binaries
Build from source: project page.
Or use precompiled binaries:
- Linux (tested on Ubuntu 14.04)
- OS X/macOS (tested on macOS Sierra/High Sierra)
- Windows (tested on Windows 7/8)
- Download or clone this repository to local directory of your choice.
- Add main project directory to PYTHONPATH if you want to use KhepPy in external projects.
Alternatively, place main project directory in site-packages.
- Configure KHEPERA_LIB environment variable to point to Khepera simulation engine binaries.
If you use PyCharm, go to Run > Edit Configurations... and add KHEPERA_LIB variable to Environment variables list.
For basic verification run:
python -c 'from kheppy.core import Simulation'
No output means kheppy.core should be ready to use.
Now you can run some examples to familiarize yourself with KhepPy.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.txt file for details
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.