Turns your Python script or module into an application with decent CLI.
Kickoff turns your Python script or module into an application with decent user interface.
For software developers…
Kickoff is inspired by utilities like invoke, fire, runfile. It has similar function with this difference that it looks at function signatures, therefore doesn’t need from the developer to use decorators or any dedicated API. This way Kickoff provides developers with following advantages:
- Basic UI provided with zero overhead
- Enhanced UI provided through annotations
- Compatibility with environments where Kickoff is not installed
- Testability and reusability of top-level commands
- Shebang support
For software users…
Kickoff is built on top of stunning click module as well as third-party add-ons to provide the users with following features:
- Hierarchical CLI interface
- Correction suggestions for misspelled commands
- REPL with command completion and access to underlying shell
- GUI (experimental feature)
./setup.sh source venv/bin/activate
vi requirements.in vi setup.py pip-compile pip-sync
# update version: vi docs/source/conf.py vi setup.py git commit -am "foobar" git tag 1.2.3 # upload code git push git push --tags python3 setup.py build sdist twine upload dist/kickoff-1.2.3.tar.gz # upload documentation log into readthedocs.io and trigger a Build
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size kickoff-0.5.11.tar.gz (12.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|