Module and utilities for manipulating part fields in KiCad files.
A utility for manipulating part fields in KiCad schematic files or libraries. KiField can extract all the component fields from a schematic or library and place them into a spreadsheet for bulk editing, after which you can insert the edited values from the spreadsheet back into the schematic or library.
KiField is usually employed in a three-step process:
- First use KiField to extract the part field labels and values from a schematic or library and place them into a CSV or XLSX spreadsheet file.
- Edit the spreadsheet file to change existing field values, add entirely new fields, or completely delete fields.
- Finally, use KiField to insert the updated field labels and values from the spreadsheet file into the schematic or library.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://xesscorp.github.io/KiField.
- Extracts all fields and values from one or more KiCad schematic libraries or files (even hierarchical designs), and inserts them into a spreadsheet (either CSV or XLSX format).
- Extracts all fields and values from one or more CSV or XLSX spreadsheet files and inserts them into one or more KiCad schematics or libraries.
- Now works on files outside the current directory.
- Clearer error explanation when part field extraction fails.
- Simplified installation instructions.
- Fixed error where output was not produced because KiField was first trying to backup a non-existent output file.
- Line-feeds and carriage-returns are stripped from strings inserted into .sch or .lib files.
- Fixed error where reading .lib files was ignoring the first line after the EESchema-LIBRARY header and missing a part DEF.
- File backup now works on all files in a hierarchical schematic.
- Fixed mishandling of quoted strings containing escaped quotation marks.
- Catch exception caused by numeric fields that aren’t strings interacting with vis/invis option.
- Added visibility/invisibility option for fields.
- Added “grouping” option (–group) for gathering components with the same field values onto a single line of the XLSX/CSV/TSV file.
- Added recursive operations on hierarchical schematics so everything can be handled just by processing the top-level file.
- Added support for TSV files (thanks, email@example.com).
- Fixed issue where all the fields from multi-unit components in a schematic were not appearing in the csv file.
- Fixed issues #3 and #4 regarding incompatibilities with openpyxl 2.4.0a1.
- Added the ability to extract/insert fields in DCM files.
- Added the ability to explicitly exclude fields from extraction/insertion.
- First release on PyPI.