A utility for manipulating part fields in KiCad schematic files or libraries.
KiField can extract all the component fields from a schematic or library
and place them into a spreadsheet for bulk editing, after which you can insert the
edited values from the spreadsheet back into the schematic or library.
KiField is usually employed in a three-step process:
- First use KiField to extract the part field labels and values from a
schematic or library and place them into a CSV or XLSX spreadsheet file.
- Edit the spreadsheet file to change existing field values, add entirely
new fields, or completely delete fields.
- Finally, use KiField to insert the updated field labels and values from
the spreadsheet file into the schematic or library.
- Extracts all fields and values from one or more KiCad schematic libraries or files
(even hierarchical designs), and inserts them into a spreadsheet (either
CSV or XLSX format).
- Extracts all fields and values from one or more CSV or XLSX spreadsheet files
and inserts them into one or more KiCad schematics or libraries.
- Added “grouping” option (–group) for gathering components with the same field values onto a single line of the XLSX/CSV/TSV file..
- Added recursive operations on hierarchical schematics so everything can be handled just by processing the top-level file.
- Fixed issue where all the fields from multi-unit components in a schematic were not appearing in the csv file.
- Fixed issues #3 and #4 regarding incompatibilities with openpyxl 2.4.0a1.
- Added the ability to extract/insert fields in DCM files.
- Added the ability to explicitly exclude fields from extraction/insertion.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.