kinto-wizard is a tool to configure a kinto server from an YAML file.
kinto-wizard is a tool that lets you setup an entire Kinto server from a Yaml file, or inspect an existing server and output a Yaml file.
You can define Kinto objects (bucket, collection, groups, records) and configure their attributes and permissions.
The last release
pip install kinto-wizard
The development version
After having cloned the repo:
pip install -e .
How to use it?
kinto-wizard load \ --server https://kinto-writer.stage.mozaws.net/v1 \ --auth admin:credentials \ new-config.yml
kinto-wizard dump \ --server https://kinto-writer.stage.mozaws.net/v1 \ --auth admin:credentials \ > current-config.yml
The dump also accepts a --full option that will output object data and collection records.
This document describes changes between each past release.
- Upgrade to kinto-http.py 10.0 means that the batch will fail if one of the server responses has a 4XX status, use the --ignore-batch-4xx to keep the previous behaviour.
- Add an --ignore-batch-4xx option to explicitly ask for silent 4xx errors.
- Handle YAML date and datetime values. (#51)
- Add test for YAML node anchors support (#52) See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML#Advanced_components
- Add a --dry-run for the load command to see how many records would be deleted. (#46)
- Add a --delete-record to delete the existing records that are not in the YAML file. (#47)
- Add --data and --records options to be able to dump objects data without dumping records. (#33)
- Use asyncio to add parallelism to the load command (#18).
- Add logger configuration for kinto-http.py (#26)
- Add an option to force the update with a CLIENT_WINS strategy (#28)
- Add an option to select the bucket or collection to export (#30)
- Upgrade to kinto-http 8.0.0 with Python 3.5+ support.
- The --full option of the dump command now outputs records (#16)
- The load command now supports records (#16)
- Supports dumping/loading groups and permissions from/to a YAML file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size kinto_wizard-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (13.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size kinto-wizard-3.0.0.tar.gz (11.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for kinto_wizard-3.0.0-py3-none-any.whl