A Python 3.4 tool kit for converting KML files to GeoJSON files
This is a Python 3.4 command-line program to convert KML files to GeoJSON.
Much of the code is a translation into Python of the KML converter in the Node.js package togeojson. But kml2geojson also adds the following features.
- Preserves KML object styling, such as color and opacity
- Optionally writes one JSON file cataloging all the KML styles used
- Optionally creates several GeoJSON files of FeatureCollections, one for each KML folder
pip install kml2geojson
At the command line type kml2geojson --help for instructions.
In docs and on RawGit here.
- Development status: Alpha
- This project uses semantic versioning (major.minor.micro), where each breaking feature or API change is considered a major release. So the version code reflects the project’s change history, rather than its development status. In particular, a high major version number, does not imply a mature development status.