CLI and configuration utility for the Python shell, optimized for simplicity and productivity.
Configures your Python shell
konch is a CLI and configuration utility for the Python shell, optimized for simplicity and productivity.
- Automatically import any object upon startup
- Simple, per-project configuration in a single file (it’s just Python code)
- No dependencies
- Uses IPython and BPython if available, and falls back to built-in interpreter
- Can have multiple configurations per project using named configs
- Doesn’t change current working directory.
- Less magicks.
- Tested on Python 3.4.
- Smarter path resolution. konch will search parent directories until it finds a .konchrc file to use.
- Make prompt configurable on IPython and built-in shell. Output template is also supported on IPython.
- Backwards-incompatible: Remove support for old (<=0.10.x–released 3 years ago!) versions of IPython.
- Fix bug with importing modules and packages in the current working directory.
- Introducing named configs.
- First release to PyPI.