A content type that proxies other content in a Kotti site
This is an extension to the Kotti CMS that allows you to add content proxies to your Kotti site.
A content proxy is very similar to a symbolic link on UNIX systems. It allows you to refer to a single content node from multiple places in your node tree without having to duplicate the content itself. In other words: it will show up in the navigation in multiple places, but still only exist once.
For the moment only the view view and the __acl__ attribute are proxied. This means that you can only see proxies of proxied objects that you are allowed to see; when you request the “view” of the ContentProxy object it will return the rendered view of the proxied object instead (of course also respecting its permissions).
For future versions it is planned to also proxy as many object attributes as feasible / sensible.
To activate the kotti_content_proxy add-on in your Kotti site, you need to add an entry to the kotti.configurators setting in your Paste Deploy config. If you don’t have a kotti.configurators option, add one. The line in your [app:main] section could then look like this:
kotti.configurators = kotti_content_proxy.kotti_configure
With this, you’ll be able to add content proxy items in your site.
- Make selection of the proxied object via the UI more user friendly. Maybe use kotti_tinymce’s kottibrowser.
- Proxy everything that makes sense.
0.4.1 - 2016-01-11
- Fix broken packaging. Sorry for the inconvenience!
0.4.0 - 2015-10-07
- Now we take object to be proxied instead of its id. This is a backward incompatible change.
0.3.0 - 2015-10-05
- Names of proxied attributes are now kept in class attribute and read from kotti_content_proxy.proxied_attributes setting.
0.2.0 - 2015-09-30
- Proxy now declares unique polymorphic_identity for use in SQLAlchemy.
- Added proxying of custom attributes.
- Initial release.