Add a configurable navigation to your Kotti site
This is an extension to the Kotti CMS that renders navigation displays in a choice of available locations for a Kotti website (top nav, left slot, right slot, abovecontent slot, etc.).
Thanks to the following people for support, code, patches etc:
- Andreas Kaiser (disko)
- Jeffrey Gill Pittman (geojeff)
- Clarified descriptions and improved wording in the readme. [geojeff]
- Warning: the changes for this release do wholesale renaming, so existing deployments will require adjustment.
- Moved to a configuration approach that allows multiple navigation displays, in different locations, where the new concept of location encompasses both slots and the top, which is the area of Kotti’s default navbar. [geojeff]
- Added an include_content_types param, as a counterpart to the existing exclude_content_types. This way a display type can be set to only include specific content types, as with an images-only display. [geojeff]
- Devised new display type names that are more specific and descriptive, and are representative of the options available with Bootstrap. [geojeff]
- Changed the handling of the top location to remove the default Kotti nav altogether, and replace it with optional specific placement of the menu display type, restricted to the area between brand and search in the Kotti navbar, and allowing any display type underneath the navbar. [geojeff]
- Added a breadcrumbs display type that is the same as the default Kotti one, but with a configurable label. [geojeff]
- Added a treatment for the menu display type for root, so that it is always shown (previously, the menu simply did not show for root). [geojeff]
- No changes.
- Made the context menu highlight context as the active li item. [geojeff]
- Added logic for better home label in context menu. [geojeff]
- Added slots and options. [geojeff]
- Added possible slot positions where the navigation can be shown.
- Added new display type list.
- Added option to set a label for the navigation.
- See README.rst for more informations.
- Changes for compatibility with Kotti>=0.8. These changes are not backward compatibel. If you want to use kotti_navigation with Kotti<=0.7.x then pin kotti_navigation to 0.2.
- Use new children_with_permission function on context.
- Use view_config decoration for views.
- Use assign_slot for slots instead of depricated register slot. [j23d]
- Move border from bottom to top for submenu. [j23d]
- Fix structure of navigation list. [j23d]
- Move to fanstatic for static resource inclusion. [disko]
- Added option to exclude content types from the navigation. [j23d]
- Initial release [j23d]