A scalpel, or lancet, is a small and extremely sharp bladed instrument used for surgery, anatomical dissection, and various arts and crafts (called a hobby knife).
Lancet is a command line utility to streamline the various activities related to the development and maintenance of a software package.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: http://lancet.rtfd.org
Check out the documentation.
Once installed, set up the initial configuration by running:
For each not-yet-configured project, you can then run:
cd path/to/project lancet init
This creates a new project-level configuration file that can be shared across different users (and thus commited to source control).
Install dev version
~/.local/venvs/lancet/bin/pip uninstall lancet ~/.local/venvs/lancet/bin/pip install https://github.com/GaretJax/lancet/archive/master.zip
A lot of commands are still missing, as for example:
- review: to streamline the whole reviewing process (pulling, linting,diffs,…).
- merge: to help in getting a more strict merge process in place (and cleanup afterwards). Can include rebasing helpers.
- Other issue tracker/Harvest interaction utilities (list, search, comment, …)
0.7.3 - 2015-05-31
- Update requirements
- Allow to specify the path to the deployment spec in the settings
- Add some packaging tools to the contrib commmands
0.7.2 - 2015-05-13
- Update to libgit 0.22 (requires updated of the shared library).
- Fixed a bug in the handling of Harvest API errors.
- Make the issue argument to the time command optional.
- Add support for command aliases.
0.7.1 - 2015-02-26
- Expand users in the template path.
- Update requirements.
0.7.0 - 2015-02-26
- Added support for Jinja2-rendered templates to define the initial pull-request title/body used by the pr command.
- Update the Harvest API to make use of the external_ref argument instead of simulating a browsing session. This trims down on the number of requests needed to start a timer and improves performance.
- Added a checkout command to easily checkout an existing branch based solely on the issue ID.
- All commands are now dynamically loaded. Additional commands can be defined in the settings (this also supports custom external commands).
- The Harvest project is now retrieved from the supertask if none can be defined by looking at the subtask.
- Get the github login token from the keychain in a more robust way.
0.6.0 - 2015-01-19
- Added support for pluggable Harvest task/project mapper.
- Added support for epics based time tracking.
- Added support for pluggable branch naming backends.
- Added support for different branch prefixes based on issue type.
- Added URL hints to lancet setup.
- Fix assignee comparison bug.
- More robust support for flawed versions of the git osxkeychain credentials helper.
- Increase the slug length in branch names to 50 chars.
- Built in support for debugging exceptions.
0.5.1 - 2015-01-13
- Coerce config values to int when calling init.
0.5.0 – 2015-01-05
- Include all resources in the distribution.
- Cleanup docker-related leftovers.
- Added a pr command to automate pull requests creation.
- The logout command can now logout from a single service.
0.4.2 – 2015-01-05
- Fix python-slugify requirement.
0.4.1 – 2015-01-05
- Update requirements.
0.4 – 2015-01-05
If your setup includes remote configured to be accessed over SSH, you may need to reinstall libgit2 with brew reinstall libgit2 --with-libssh2.
- Added facilities to integrate with the current shell, for stuff like cd’ing to other directories or activating virtual environments.
- Added a --version option to lancet.
- Fetch latest changes from origin before creating new working branches (#1).
- Added an activate command to cd to the project directory and (optionally) activate a virtual environment.
- Added the harvest-projects and harvest-tasks commands to list projects/tasks IDs from Harvest.
- Added an init command to create project-level configuration files (#2).
0.3 – 2014-12-30
- Handle unassigned issues (#5).
- Avoid logging out the web user when accessign the JIRA API (#4).
- Initial documentation stub (#3).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|lancet-0.7.3-py3-none-any.whl (32.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.4||May 31, 2015|
|lancet-0.7.3.tar.gz (25.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 31, 2015|