Build large-scale task workflows using luigi, remote job submission, remote targets, and environment sandboxing.
Note: This project is currently under development. Version 0.1.0 will be the first, fully documented alpha release.
Use law to build complex and large-scale task workflows. It is build on top of luigi and adds abstractions for run locations, storage locations and software environments. Law strictly disentangles these building blocks and ensures they remain interchangeable and resource-opportunistic.
- CLI with auto-completion and interactive status and dependency inspection.
- Remote targets with automatic retries and local caching
- WebDAV, HTTP, Dropbox, SFTP, all WLCG protocols (srm, xrootd, rfio, dcap, gsiftp, …)
- Automatic submission to batch systems from within tasks
- HTCondor, LSF, gLite, ARC
- Environment sandboxing, configurable on task level
- Docker, Singularity, Sub-Shells
Installation and Dependencies
Install via pip:
pip install law
- loremipsum: The hello world of law.
- workflows: Law workflows.
- docker_sandboxes: Environment sandboxing using Docker. TODO.
- dropbox_targets: Working with targets that are stored on Dropbox.
- wlcg_targets: Working with targets that are stored on WLCG storage elements (dCache, EOS, …). TODO.
- htcondor_at_vispa: HTCondor workflows at the VISPA service.
- htcondor_at_cern: HTCondor workflows at the CERN batch infrastructure.
- grid_at_cern: Workflows that run on the WLCG. TODO.
- lsf_at_cern: LSF workflows at the CERN batch infrastructure.
- parallel_optimization: Parallel optimization using scikit optimize.
- CMS Single Top Analysis: Simple physics analysis using law.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Marcel R.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.