A 2-D engine for Python and pygame
This package is made to fast prototype your multimedia applications like games on pygame. Write clean and pragmatic design. It lets you focus on the game engine itself, so you dont have to take care about several details like setting up the window, loading and cheking data (images, sound, font, fx, music, resources names…). All you need to do is to put your resources into a specific data folder and use them in your game class ‘MyEngine()’.
You don’t need to reinvent the wheel, some repetitive parts of code (main loop, getting the delta time, closing the window, drawing text…) are already described and ready to use in the default engine.
from laylib import Environment from engine import Engine def main(): demo = Environment(800, 600, False, 'My game') demo.load_complete(Engine(), 'data', 'resources.res') demo.gInstance.main_loop() demo.destroy() if __name__ == "__main__": main()
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Then install laylib:
$ pip install laylib
Or alternatively, you can just copy the “laylib” folder into the same directory as the Python program that uses it.
For usage see examples provided with laylib. For more details, all other parts of documentation are described in the source file.
- [x] add test module for laylib.
- [ ] more automation for resources management
- [x] improve util.py module
- [x] add more examples for demo
- Add Travis CI file
- bug fix rotate function util.py file
- changed value 3.14 to math.pi deg2rad function util.py
- add complete test module
- changed README.md to README.rst
- Bug version package fix (init.py file).
- Removed functions: load_global()/destroy_global() from Resources class.
- Bug version fix (setup.py file).
- Now we can set the ‘time_unit’ to change the delta_time unit.
- Minor bugs fix on util.py
- The first proper release
- Work in progress
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size laylib-1.1.4-py2-none-any.whl (11.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size laylib-1.1.4.tar.gz (8.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|