Various common Django-related routines.
This library consists of various Django-related routines that extend or modify the behaviour of the framework:
- extensions for settings.py (current directory resolution, namespace package support, settings profile support)
- Choices: an enum implementation for Django forms and models (with predefined classes for languages, countries, etc.)
- typical filters, template tags, models, form fields, etc.
Complete documentation for the package can be found here:
The latest version can be installed via PyPI:
$ pip install lck.django
$ easy_install lck.django
This package bundles some royalty free static images that are useful in almost every Django project:
Silk icons 1.3 by FamFamFam - requires attributing the author
Silk Companion 1 by Damien Guard - requires attributing the author
Country Flags by SenojFlags.com - requires using the following HTML:<a href="http://www.senojflags.com">Country flag</a> image from <a href="http://www.senojflags.com">Flags of all Countries</a>
For the curious, lck stands for LangaCore Kit. LangaCore is a one man software development shop of mine.
Note: lck.common requires Python 2.7 because all of its code is using the so-called four futures (absolute_imports, division, print_function and unicode_literals). One of the virtues in the creation of this library is to make the code beautiful. These switches give a useful transitional state between the old Python 2.x and the new Python 3.x. You should use them as well.
Note: Since 0.5.0 lck.django requires Django 1.3 because it makes my monkey-patching efforts much easier. Moreover, 1.3 nicely deprecates behaviour which I consider ugly.
- in the thumbnail filter, support for automatic cropping to square introduced
- minor translation updates
- group members inherit shifted attributes
- minor updates to PolishDateWidget
- AvatarSupport abstract model for custom avatars. GravatarSupport can be used as fallback or independently.
- typical_handler now properly supports file uploads
- bugfixes: objects without any score don’t cause exceptions anymore
- leftovers from namespace changes cleaned up
- monkey patches of core Django annotated and regrouped for easier management in the future (yup, more to come)
- a stats calculator
- minor bugfixes
- tags now support models with custom managers
- for Named and Titled models a read-only name_urlencoded and title_urlencoded properties were introduced. Useful as arguments in template tags.
- support for setting additional attributes on choices using an unholy << operator overload
- in tags, support for getting objects marked with specific stems
- migrated to the lck namespace from langacore.kit
- migrated licensing from GPL 3 to MIT
- bumped the trove from alpha status to beta, the code is in production for over a year now
- No proper change log was kept before 0.5.0