Python implementation of the Leabra algorithm. Forked to package and upload to PyPi.
Explanation of Fork
This is a fork of Leabra, to be uploaded for distribution on PyPi. The package is completely unchanged from the original with the exception of the following modifications:
- The name of the package was changed, so that the original authors may use the original name if they decide to upload to PyPi at some point.
- This section was added to the readme.
- Several trivial modifications were made to setup.py for compatibility with PyPi.
- The version number was incremented to account for the above listed changes.
This repository holds a Python implementation of the Leabra (Local, Error-driven and Associative, Biologically Realistic Algorithm) framework. The reference implementation for Leabra is in emergent developped by the Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory at the University of Colorado Boulder. This Python implementation targets emergent 8.1.0, and only implements the rate-coded mode —which includes some spiking behavior, but is different from the discrete spiking mode (which is not implemented).
Status & Roadmap
This is a work in progress. Most of the basic algorithms of Leabra are implemented, but some mechanisms are still missing. While the current implementation passes several quantitative tests of equivalence with the emergent implementation (8.1.1, r11060), the number and diversity of tests is too low to guarantee that the implementation is correct yet.
- [x] Unit, Layer, Connection, Network class
- [x] XCAL learning rule
- [x] Basic notebook examples
- [x] Quantitative equivalence with emergent
- [x] Neuron tutorial notebook
- [ ] Inhibition tutorial notebook
- [ ] Weight balance mechanism
Installation & Usage
pip install -r requirements.txt
Then, launch Jupyter to see usage examples:
jupyter notebook index.ipynb
Run Notebooks Online
To be decided.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size leabra_psyneulink-0.3.2-py3-none-any.whl (14.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for leabra_psyneulink-0.3.2-py3-none-any.whl